Saturday, May 1, 2010

A new errh....Nightmare???


(courtesy of New Line Cinema)

Hola mis amigos:

I know, I know, where the hell have I been? Apparently, living! Yeah, I'd love to be the globetrotting oso I was born to be, but since this blog doesn't pay my rent, I gotta go with what the Master Bears say. Yes, I will visit this blog page every now and again, but anyway, here's my latest entry.

So, I won a free pass to the new 'Nightmare on Elm Street', the new 2010 remake of Wes Craven's 1984 horror classic. Well folks, this 'cub' reporter had to brave a long line, no seating and parking my hairy ass up in the nosebleeds somewhere, but in the end, was it worth it?

No....and yes. I have to admit, I didn't HATE the new version. It was slickly made and was well put-together, but in the end, it was still a REMAKE of an already much better horror classic. So, since we are now being swamped with every movie from the 1980's going through a brand-new tweak, (Um, yep, even 'The Karate Kid' is getting a new coat of wax - sad to say) it seems, any hope of Hollywood delivering any new, original product are officially the way of the dodo bird, we have to put up with new, crappy versions of old classics.

Having said that, yeah, Elm Street teens are being slaughtered by red-and-green-striped-fingernails-as-knives-former-pedophiliac-turned-killer-sandman Freddy Krueger who kills them in their dreams [er, nightmares]. Jackie Earl Haley is just merely okay as the new Freddy, but he deservesd a better script, or in this case, bring back Robert Englund. Pay him $40,000,000 goddamit!!! He's worth it!!!

Tata for now, my kiddies. I'll see you in my wet dreams! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment