Monday, June 29, 2009

In Memoriam: Two (and a half) Legends.



Hola mis amigos:





On Thursday, June 25th, just as I was celebrating NOT being a f*cking barista for a day. I heard some very sad news. I heard on the wire that my favorite Charlie's Angel, Farrah Fawcett had succumbed to her longtime battle with cancer. My heart broke, but nonetheless, I had to keep working. So I paid tribute like I always do; putting a status report on my Facebook profile.





Then...and even bigger shock came at roughly 4p.m. A friend of mine almost casually mentions to me while on the internet, "Hey, Michael Jackson died". I thought it had to be a f*cking joke! This is Michael Jackson we're talkin' about here! The King of Pop! Wacko Jacko! The Moonwalker! The 'Thriller' and in some cases, the "Freak". I just couldn't believe it. I even went so far as to call my mother in Atlanta (and believe me, she's NOT a fan!) to confirm. An hour later, it was confirmed. Michael Joseph Jackson of Gary, Indiana had died at the ripe old age of 50.





Now, I'm not one to mourn or grieve, but this past Thursday will always be remembered by me as "Black Thursday". The day two beloved icons of music and film had finally moved onto the cosmos and will forever remain legends. I'll miss you and thank the stars that you were in my life for the short time you were allowed.





R.I.P. Farrah Fawcett (1947-2009) and Michael Jackson (1958-2009). I my <3>

P.S. On an even stranger note, Billy Mays, the popular Oxy Clean ad pitchman died in Tampa over the weekend. JESUS F-ING CHRIST!!! IS THERE NO END?!?!?!?

Billy Mays (1958-2009)

1 comment: