Saturday, August 8, 2009

John Hughes: A Tribute.



Hola mis amigos:

I just learned some sad news. Director John Hughes who made some of the best teen/kiddie comedies passed away this past Thursday while visiting in New York City. I must say, he is a great influence in my life as far as film and writing.

Now you're probably saying "Who really gives a shit". Well, he might not have been as famous as say...Bea, Kronkite, Farrah and of course, Michael, but anyone who has ever felt or been labelled "freak, weird, geek, awkward, dweebie", he was a powerful voice for. He made being a square cool for all of us weirdos and yeah...he made a "hot beef injection" sound really cool.

Watch "Sixteen Candles, Breakfast Club, Ferris Bueller's Day Off", and my fave, "She's Having a Baby" and you'll see the gentle genius behind the man.

R.I.P. 1950 - 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment